Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Coconut Sprinkles

Ready for one of the easiest, most phenomenal recipes? Throw these into some granola or just straight into your mouth, use as topping on pureed butternut or acorn squash or spice up your morning oatmeal. These are divine on EVERYTHING. Maybe even steak. Maybe even in a tuna sandwich. Maybe not. But you could serve them up as dessert after that steak... we like them sprinkled on top of freshly whipped cream.

Coconut Sprinkles

2 c. unsweetened shredded coconut
1/2 c. maple syrup (use the real stuff here- yes, I know it's more expensive than flavored corn syrup)
1 tsp. vanilla

Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Combine ingredients until coconut is coated. Spread on baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake 2-3 hours until dry and crisp. Break up into small pieces with your hands and store at room temperature in airtight container. Serve with pretty much everything.

3 comments:

Mindi said...

SO glad you posted this! Those were SO SO good when I tried them the other day! A definite "yes" that we will be doing soon!

Unknown said...

Excited to try this, I bet it makes your house smell WONDERFUL while baking!!

Unknown said...

Excited to try this, I bet it makes your house smell WONDERFUL while baking!!

Okay, that was me. I didn't know I had to register. :)