Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Eileigh says...

Riding her scooter around: "Oh shoot. I lost my mind."

Snuggling against me: "I like each others."

A frequent conversation we have: (E): "My say, 'Oh my gosh' ?" (J): "No, Eileigh, you cannot say that." (E): "My say, 'Oh my word' ?" (J): "Yes, you may say that." (E): "Oh my word." -thoughtful pause- "My say, 'Oh my stars' ?" (J): "Yes, you can say that too." (E): "Oh my stars." -again, pause- "My say 'Oh my goodness' ?" (J): "Yes, Eileigh! You can say that." (E): "Oh my goodness!... My say..." (J): "Eileigh, enough! Oh my word, child!!.... Oops..."

When I'm exiting the ladies room: "Good job, Mama, good job!! I proud of you!"

In appreciation for Mike and I: "Really good job, guys."

Conversation to delay Quiet Time: Eileigh pointed to her nose and informed me that she needed to pick her boogies. I told her "No" and to leave her boogies and her nose alone. She replied, "My pick my nose for quiet time when you close the door." (More like a statement with a slight question at the end). I choked back a laugh and firmly insisted, "No, leave it in there. That's yucky." Then she said, "My put it on the floor? On my bed? On Mommy's bed?!" Again, kind-of between a question and a statement. Problem is, it almost seemed like more of a statement... and since I've never seen her do it and yet found her to be so nonchalant and casual about the whole affair I think that what I don't know just might be my undoing. Oh my...

2 comments:

Mindi said...

OH. MY. WORD. I <3 HER!

Gretchen said...

How sweet...she wants to pick boogies and give them to you...ahh I'm glad we're not there yet...but I'm sure we'll get there soon enough!